Housing – when and where it is needed
- 9,250 new dwellings, of which 1,850 are affordable, to address the national housing crisis, as well as meeting the existing and future needs of the borough.
- Creation of three new villages, providing a wide range of homes for all members of the community.
- Retirement living and self-build opportunities for local people.
- Interest already confirmed from major housebuilders ensuring certainty of delivery.
- Schools, healthcare and green infrastructure integrated into plans.
- Housing delivery for the current Local Plan period and beyond.
Indicative Views of how Highsted Park could look.